The Bible is clear that history is headed somewhere: towards the Consummation, or what the apostle Peter called “the end of all things.” And it is equally clear that the Consummation involves two basic elements: Final Judgment and Final Redemption.
This section of our website explores the Final Judgment. Is there just one of them, as amillennialism teaches; or are there several, as premillennarians teach? Who exactly is the Judge? Who and what does He (or they) judge? Where does the resurrection fit in, and the destruction of the earth and its works by fire? Is the Judgment about rewards or retribution or both?
We hope the thoughtful articles below will help you find solid answers to these and other questions related to the Day of Judgment.
- 2 Thessalonians 1 Supports Amillennialism (Vern Poythress)
- The Righteous Judgment of God: Interpreting 2 Thessalonians 1:3-10 (Dean Davis)
- The End of All Things is at Hand: Understanding 1 Peter 4:7-19 (Dean Davis)
- The Day of the LORD Will Come: Understanding 2 Peter 3:3-13 (Dean Davis)
- The Biblical Doctrine of Judgment (Leon Morris)